- Submit your completed Application for Admission
- If applicable, submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities since leaving Montana Tech. Transcripts will be considered official only if:
- All final grades are posted, i.e. no “in progress” courses;
- It is emailed directly to Montana Tech from the transferring institution via a secure transcript delivery service; or
- It is stamped with the institution’s official seal and delivered to Montana Tech in a sealed envelope.
- If you were born after December 31, 1956 and have not attended Montana Tech in the last five academic calendar years or were enrolled as a non-degree seeking student, you must submit proof of two separate doses of measles and rubella immunization (MMR).
Attended Another Institution
All returning or former students who have attended a college or university since leaving Montana Tech must meet the admission requirements for transfer students in order to be readmitted.
- Earn a minimum cumulative college GPA of a 2.0
- Demonstrate mathematical preparedness for Intermediate Algebra
*If you have not successfully completed a college level math course in the last two years, a placement exam may be required.
Have Not Attended Another Institution
Former students who have not attended another college or university must be re-admissible according to Montana Tech’s Academic Standing policy. Students who are on a probationary status from Montana Tech are considered re-admissible.
Students on first suspension are re-admissible after one semester of non-attendance (remaining out-of-residence). If a student has been suspended twice from Montana Tech, he or she must be out of school for an interval of one academic year and must receive approval for readmission from the Academic Standards Committee. Students suspended from the North Campus (undergraduate degree program) may be admissible to the South Campus (Highlands College).
About 90% of Montana Tech undergraduate students receive scholarships or grants. In other words, our financial aid team works hard to help our students graduate with the lowest debt loads of any school in Montana.
Montana Tech has three residence halls to choose from, each with distinct character. All non-local first-year students are required to live in a residence hall for their first year at Montana Tech.
We're here to help. We will guide you on your campus visit, through the application process, right up until you take your first class.
Use our Cost Calculator to get an estimate of your tuition, fees, room and board, and other attendance expenses.