- Have access to a computer and a reliable internet connection
- Get started early
- Know how to navigate your course
- Read everything your instructor sends or posts. Ask for clarification right away, if needed.
- Print the syllabus and read often
- Check your Tech email daily. Note that you can forward your Tech email to another account
- Ask your instructor how he/she prefers to be contacted
- Ask for clarification right away if you don't understand what is being said or asked
- Ask for help right away for technical issues or coursework questions -- be proactive!
- Check and read your email before you send it
- Don't type in all-caps -- this is a form of yelling in Internet communication
- Be sure you post substantial, documented comments in forum posts
- Be respectful of other students' thoughts and perspectives
- Keep deadlines marked on one calendar or planner
- Make sure you finish and submit all course assignments on time
- Back up your data
- Be consistent
- Online courses can be more challenging
- Don't procrastinate
- Keep up with assigned readings
- Set designated blocks of time to work on the course each day
- Get involved with the course!