Orientation for new students at Montana Tech
Fall Orientation 2024
SAVE THE DATE: August 21 - 24, 2024
FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
- The Business Office and Enrollment Services are open from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (M-F) in Student Success Center.
- The Marcus Deli Dining Hall is open from 7:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m., 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m., 5 p.m-7:30 p.m. weekdays.
- The Mill Game Room is open: 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. (M-F), student worker on duty 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- The Veteran’s Lounges are open M-F: North Campus from 7:30 a.m.-8:00 p.m. and Highlands from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- For coordination of academic accommodations for ADA or Veteran service related needs, visit the disability services office in Student Success Center Academic Center for Excellence or Highlands College. For more information, visit www.mtech.edu/disability/.
Information for Students Living in the Residence Halls
- Academic Calendar
- Please refer to the academic calendar to find important dates regarding registration, holidays (no classes), add/drop days, etc.
- Academic Center for Excellence (A.C.E.)
- The goal of the Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) at Montana Tech is to assist and empower students to succeed and excel academically, persist through graduation, prepare for graduate and professional endeavors, and develop an appreciation for lifelong learning.
- Typically the first contact you have when applying to become an Oredigger at Montana Tech. They can help you plan a campus visit, help you choose a major, walk you through the application process, and will make sure you don't miss important deadlines along the way!
- Whether you are an Undergraduate, Highlands, Transfer, Graduate, or International Student Admissions will help you complete all steps needed to begin your journey at Montana Tech.
- Advisors are here to help you determine if you are in the right major, explain career opportunities that may align with your skills and interests, and help you explore how your decisions may impact your future, while keeping you on a path to graduation.
- Campus Life/Student Activities
- We offer many activities across the campus community. Enjoy a movie, laugh out loud with live comedians, try out your green thumb with succulent planting, or take advantage of bowling – all on us! We want our students to balance the rigor of college studies with taking the time to interact with your classmates and have some fun.
- Campus Store
- One stop shopping for all your Montana Tech gear, gifts, ordering class books and more.
- Career Services
- Our mission is simple: to help students and alumni be prepared to achieve their career goals and help them find quality jobs and internships.
- Dining Services
- Our main dining facility is the Marcus Daly Dining Hall. Serving up breakfast, lunch and dinner nearly every day. There is also the Mill, and Serrano when you are wanting a coffee or a quick meal.
- Disability Services
- The Disability Services Coordinators are here to help current and prospective students self-advocate for their requested accommodations in accordance with Montana Tech’s Disability Services for Students Policy.
- DiggerCard Center
- Your Digger Card is used to access the Library, HPER, Learning Center, and computer labs after hours. You can also use it to attend athletic events, deposit/spend Digger Dollars, use meal plans and take advantage of Digger Discounts.
- Enrollment Services
- They can help you with many areas while you are here at Montana Tech from changing your Major/Advisor, finding which of your former college credits will transfer or even declaring a minor. Check them out to learn about all they offer.
- Financial Aid
- Funding your Montana Tech education is a major financial commitment for you and perhaps for your family as well. They will work with you to help make your path to a successful future affordable. Approximately 90 percent of our first-time students receive some form of financial aid.
- Health Center
- Montana Technological University’s Student Health Center provides several services to keep our students healthy. Our health care providers can diagnose and treat acute and chronic conditions.
- Institute for Educational Opportunities – TRIO
- The Institute for Educational Opportunities at Montana Technological University is a consortium of programs developed to provide K-12 and college students with the tools and support they need to achieve success in higher education.
- International Program
- The office of International Services supports international students, employees, and scholars as they strive to achieve their educational, professional, and personal objectives.
- Mail and Copy Center
- One stop for inter-campus mail delivery/collections, processing incoming/outgoing USPS, UPS & FedEx shipments, postal/shipping services, including stamps. Also offers a variety of supplies for printing, binding, packing and shipping.
- Residence Life
- Residence hall life offers you opportunities to make the most of your college experience. Our residence life staff plan activities to get you acquainted with other students soon after you arrive, and activities continue all year long.
- Veteran Services
- The staff, administration and faculty of Montana Tech are here to assist you in your transition to civilian and campus life as you pursue your degree.
Welcome to Montana Technological University! Originally chartered in 1893 as the Montana State School of Mines, Montana Tech continues to advance its reputation as one of the finest Science, Technology, Engineering and Math focused universities in the country. With the highest return on investment rating of any Montana college and a strong overall job placement rate, Montana Tech's degrees are associated with value and growing career opportunities while our graduates are known for being job-ready on day one. Check out and learn more about our campus from the comfort of your home. To begin the tour start here: Campus Virtual Tour
Butte, Montana is located in an outdoor recreationist’s paradise. With Interstates 90 and 15 intersecting in Butte, world-class recreation is at your fingertips in every direction. We have great mountain biking, fishing, skiing, and rock climbing just to name a few. Montana Tech also offers reasonably priced outdoor rental gear to be able to try many of these outdoor activities.
Learn more about the Outdoor Life around Montana Tech here.
Check out what is occurring on campus on the Calendar of Events page.
Athletic games, campus events, guest speakers, and more, we are sure you will find something to peak your interest. Make sure to check in regularly because events are added and updated often.