Accreditation - Department of Geological Engineering
The bachelor of science in Geological Engineering is one of the “founding” engineering programs of Montana Tech and one of only 13 in the United States accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET, https://www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
- Enable graduates to embark upon and successfully pursue professional careers in the field of Geological Engineering.
- Provide a firm foundation for graduate studies in geological engineering and related fields.
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the engineering sciences, including statics, properties/strengths of materials, and geomechanics.
- Demonstrated proficiency in geological science topics that emphasize geological processes and identification of minerals and rocks.
- Demonstrated ability to visualize and solve geological engineering problems in three and four-dimensions (space and time).
- Demonstrated ability to apply the principles of geology, elements of geophysics, geological and engineering field methods, and engineering knowledge to design solutions to geological engineering problems.
Enrollment and Graduate Data by Program
The Geological Engineering program consistently boasts a 100% placement rate with high starting salaries.