Montana Tech is accredited through the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
In spring 2017, Montana Tech was visited by a NWCCU Evaluation Committee concluding the 7-year accreditation cycle. Following this visit, Montana Tech began addressing the next 7 year accreditation cycle. The Spring 2018 Year One Report and Spring 2020 Mid Cycle Report addressed the NWCCU 2010 five standards:
- Mission, Core Themes, and Expectations
- Resources and Capacity
- Planning and Implementation
- Effectiveness and Improvement
- Mission Fulfillment, Adaptation, and Sustainability
Current evaluations will address the two NWCCU 2020 Standards:
- Student Success, and Institutional Mission and Effectiveness
- Governance, Resources, and Capacity
Montana Tech submitted the Year Six Report (Standard 2– Policies, Regulations, and Financial Review) on March 1, 2023.
In the spring of 2024, Montana Tech will submit the Year Seven Report – Evaluation of Institutional Effectiveness.