Traditional Program Guidelines and Application - Student Research - Research Office
All proposals must be submitted in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please read all submission instructions carefully and submit your best proposal.
- Traditional URP Guidelines
- Traditional URP Cover Sheet
- Instructions for Creating PDFs
- Appendix A - Proposal Preparation
- Appendix B - Budget and Expenses
- Appendix C - Safety
- Appendix D - December graduates
- Appendix E - Requirements
- Appendix F - Presenting Your Project
- Appendix G - Presenting off campus
- Appendix H - Using human subjects
- Appendix I - Mentor guidelines
- Supplies and Travel Procedures
- Supply Memo
- Student Travel Policy
- Private Vehicle Use Form
RAMP & SURF Programs
Call for Spring 2023 RAMP Project Proposals
The Undergraduate Research Committee is pleased to open the call for proposals for the Spring 2023 Session of the Research Assistant Mentorship Program (RAMP). This program is for freshman, sophomore, and junior-level researchers (less than 90 credits of completed coursework) that have not participated in formal URP funded research before. Ideally full-time faculty members will assemble teams of 3 researchers for spring semester research projects.
Proposals (3 pages max) should be drafted by faculty mentors and submitted to email@example.com no later than 12 p.m. (noon) on Wednesday December 7, 2022. Full details for proposal submission, and the required cover page are attached. No late proposals will be accepted.
- SURF Call for Proposals
Traditional URP/PHI Examples
- CLSPS Example: “Characterization and Classification of a Montana Mycobacteriophage” by Margeaux Black. BIO, Mentor - Marisa Pedulla BIO P.
- Lance College of Mines and Engineering Example: “Integration of a Fluxgate Magnetometer………..” by Sierra Luoma GEOP. Mentor – Dr. Xiaobing Zhou GEOP
- PHI Example: “Newborn Hearing Screening Data Quality” by Susan Tangmo. HCI. Mentor – Janes Aspevig HCI
- Highlands Example: “Prosocial Behavior: Analysis of Ted Talk Viewers” by Robert Shelton. Mentor Dr. Elyse Lovell PSYCH
- CLSPS Example: “The Impact of Enterprise Systems on Mergers……….” by Dr. Lance Revenaugh BIT
- Lance College of Mines and Engineering Example; “Investigation of Correlation between Ultrasonic Wave Velocity………………..” by Dr. Mary MacLaughlin GEOE