Register For Classes - Graduate School
Distance Learning Programs: Contact the Graduate School Program Manager.
On Campus students will be registered by their advisor in one of three ways:
- The advisor will log into MyMtech and register you through their account, or
- You will obtain a signed registration form from your advisor and take it to the Enrollment Services office in the MG building, or
- Your schedule will be confirmed and the advisor will provide you with an ALTPIN. This will be used by you on MyMtech to register yourself for classes.
The following steps will walk you through self-registration:
- Once you’re logged on to MyMtech, select Student Services and Financial Aid.
- Select Student Records
- Select Registration
- Select Term for which you wish to register
- Select Add/Drop Classes
- Enter your ALTPIN # (Alternate PIN – unique for each semester/term), which you receive from your advisor at the conclusion of your advising session, or if a non-degree student, from Enrollment Services. ALTPINS are case-sensitive!
- Press Class Search button. Scroll through SUBJECT box. Select the desired Subject (e.g. MATH). Enter the Course number (e.g. 171), if known, to limit your search. Click the Class Search button. A list of classes matching your search criteria is displayed. Note: If a class is closed, that will be indicated in the first column. If you don’t meet pre-requisites to take a class, you will receive a registration error message. Pre-requisites can be over-ridden by the instructor of the class, or by the Dept. Head overseeing that subject.
- To add a “found” class, Select the desired class by clicking in the box to the left of the CRN (Course Reference Number)
- Press the Register button
- To drop a class, select **Web Drop** option in the Action field on schedule
- Continue Class Search to select additional desired classes
- Press Submit Changes button when all classes are selected. Your updated schedule will be displayed
- When all classes are selected and you are done, press the Submit Changes button to save your pre-registration Press the back button or Return to Menu link to return to previous menu.