If your parent is interested in borrowing a Direct PLUS Loan, the parent applying for the loan must follow the steps below:
- Go to studentaid.gov to obtain information about the Direct PLUS loan and click Use the online application to apply for a parent PLUS loan to apply.
- The parent will sign in with their FSA ID.
- Click the Log In To Start button.
- If credit is approved and you wish to continuing with borrowing the PLUS Loan, the master promissory note for the Federal Direct PLUS Loan for Parents must be completed at the same site.
- If credit is denied, you may find an endorser for the loan or the student may contact Financial Aid at email@example.com or 406-496-4223 to discuss additional Direct Unsubsidized Loan options; or the family may want to explore alternative/private loan options on FASTChoice.