Forms and Directions
Financial aid applicants that are selected for verification must return requested documentation to financial aid at Montana Tech no later than 14 days prior to the end of the last semester of enrollment during the academic year. It is recommended to return the completed documents as soon as possible but before the beginning of the semester you wish to attend. No further action will be taken regarding financial aid until all information is received.
In order to complete verification, Montana Tech will compare the information that is provided on the FAFSA and the completed verification along with signed copies of federal tax forms, W-2 forms, or other financial documents. If there are any differences between the FAFSA information and the supplied documents, Montana Tech will make the correction(s) electronically and submit them to the U.S. Department of Education. A new Student Aid Report is sent to the applicant when the Central Processor has processed the submitted correction.
For the 2023-2024 award year, verification is required. The forms that may be required are below.
Instructions to Obtain Financial Information for Verification [PDF]
Special Circumstance Forms
2022-2023 Special Circumstances Request Forms
- 2022-2023 Parent Income Reduction Request [PDF]
- 2022-2023 Student Income Reduction request [PDF]
- 2022-2023 Medical Expenses Request [PDF]
- 2022-2023 Request for Independent Status [PDF]
- 2022-2023 Subsequent Request for Independent Status [PDF]
2023-2024 Special Circumstances Request Forms
- 2023-2024 Parent Income Reduction Request [PDF]
- 2023-2024 Student Income Reduction Request [PDF]
- 2023-2024 Medical Expenses Request [PDF]
- 2023-2024 Request for Independent Status [PDF]
- 2023-2024 Subsequent Request for Independent Status [PDF]
- Children of Fallen Heroes Scholarship Application [PDF]
- Application for Consortium Contractual Agreement [PDF]
We can answer your questions and help you get started.
Phone: (406) 496-4223
Student Success Center, Room 3.126