Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Workforce Development
The program provides students with the basic information and skills needed to provide care to residents/patients in assisted living/long-term care facilities and acute care settings. Individuals who complete the CNA course are eligible to apply for certification through the Montana Department of Public Health & Human Services after completing the Certified Nurse assistant graduation requirements. Completion of the Nursing Fundamentals I class qualifies the student to take the Montana Headmasters exam for certified nursing assistance status.
Program is provided by Highlands College of Montana Technological University and is approved by the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services under its Nurse Aide Registry office.
Informational Sessions (Mandatory)
Attend one of our informational sessions to learn about details of the program, application requirements, class format, class schedules, and funding opportunities. No registration required.
Choose to attend a 6 p.m. session on the following dates:
|Info Session||Start Date|
**All sessions are located at Highlands College, 25 Basin Creek Road, Butte, MT 59701
Community course only: $1450
- Attend mandatory information session- offered monthly
- Application & Payment
- Possess current Montana Driver License and age 16 or older
- Copy of original social security card
- Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR) vaccinations: (2 doses)
- 2-Step TB Skin test (TST)
- Date of Tdap: <10 years
- Varicella:(2 doses) or positive titer showing immunity
- Hepatitis B: Date of vaccination or declination statement
- Submit Background Check
- Visit https://www.sentrylink.com/
- Cost is $19.95. Pay online with eCheck, credit card or debit card
- Print Background check an attach to application along with vaccinations and tb test results
The course follows a hybrid format which means you will be required to do online modules, attend a 2-day weekend skills lab, and complete 25 hours in a clinical setting.
CNA Program Aplication
Funding Assistance Programs