Transfer Credit Policies | Enrollment Services | Montana Tech
Transfer Application Timeline
For transfer students that complete their admissions file at least one month before the start of classes:
- Within 5 working days after receiving a new transfer student application for admissions file, you will be sent notification that your application has been received and information regarding additional information needed to complete your file.
- Within 10 working days after your admission file is complete, your file will be reviewed to determine what credits will transfer from all institutions you've attended and you will be notified in writing about the number of credits accepted, the use of those credits in satisfying the general education requirements in your program of study, and the process for reviewing the transfer classes for possible use in the your major, minor, option, or certificate.
Montana Tech is required to follow the transfer credit policies established by the Montana University System Board of Regents. Review the transfer student policies.
To view the courses that will transfer from other schools within the Montana University System, visit the Transferability Initiative website.
- Transfer Credit Approval Form Students planning to take course work at other colleges or universities to transfer to Montana Tech are requested to have this form completed and returned to the Enrollment Services Office prior to enrolling in such courses.
- PLA (petition to challenge/portfolio)
- Common Course Numbering (CCN)