5 Year Master's Degree Program for Montana Tech Students
- Second semester of Junior year or 75 credit hours completed.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 - no exceptions.
- Completion of all application requirements for the Graduate School including GRE scores.
- Acceptance for admission as a 5 Year MS student by academic department.
Tuition: Pay upper division undergraduate rate for graduate courses until course and credit hour requirement for student’s BS degree program are met. After this limit is exceeded, student will pay applicable graduate rates for Graduate Program courses the following semester.
Status: Beginning in the second semester of their junior year, while fulfilling course requirements for the Bachelor's degree, students will also take course that count toward the Master's. Courses cannot be counted toward both the undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Initially students will be classified as undergraduate, with concurrent “provisional admission” to the Graduate School. A petition form will show those courses that will be advanced to the graduate transcript when fully admitted.
Students will be fully admitted to Graduate School when the course and credit requirements for their undergraduate degree program have been completed.
Awarding of Degrees:
Upon completion of the Bachelor’s degree requirements, students may request award of their degree. Students may elect concurrent awarding of both the Bachelor's and Master's degrees upon the completion of the requirements for the Master's degree.
Participating Master's Degree Programs:
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- General Engineering
- Geosciences with options in:
- Geological Engineering
- Geophysical Engineering
- Hydrogeological Engineering
- Industrial Hygiene
- Metallurgical/Mineral Processing Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Technical Communication