Event Date: Thursday, April 27, 2023
Time: 1:30 - 5:30
Who Can Participate?
- Any student in any degree area who is involved in a research project (i.e., graduate, undergraduate, senior design) at Montana Tech or at the Highlands College is eligible to participate in Techxpo. Students must have their advisor’s approval before registering.
- The deadline for students to register for Techxpo is March 9, 2023. Students must register online here.
Poster or Demonstration (Booth)
- Students can register for a poster or a demonstration (booth). Even if your demonstration includes a poster as part of the display, you still must register your project as a demonstration.
- Students can request various items for their display, including a table, chairs, electricity, etc. Each department will need to supply their students with any laptops, projectors, and/or screens.
- Projects will be divided into degree areas. Each degree area will be judged separately, and one first place “poster” winner and one first‐place “demonstration (booth)” winner will be chosen from each discipline. PhD projects and graduate-level projects will also be judged separately.
- When registering, students need to pay careful attention to which degree area they list for their project. Be specific! The degree area that is listed on the registration form is the area in which the project will be judged.
- Only those students in attendance will be judged. Judging will take place from 1:45 – 4:15 pm. Students (or at least one representative per team) must be present during judging. Judging will be conducted by industry professionals.
- IMPORTANT! Poster templates and/or instructions on creating your poster are available here. Please contact Donna at 406-496-4262 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- All posters will be printed for free on campus providing that they have a white background (no posters with a colored background will be printed) and meet the size requirements of 36” x 48”.
- Posters can be printed by contacting the following individuals:
- Donna Conrad (406-496-4262) – for students at the Montana Tech campus. These posters need to be generated in Microsoft Publisher.
- Poster printing times must be scheduled in advance with the previously‐listed individuals. The last day to print a poster on either campus will be Friday, April 21, 2023. If a student misses the printing deadline, they will need to have their poster printed at an off‐campus facility and incur the expense.
- Set‐up for Techxpo will be held on Wednesday, April 26, 2023, from 3:30 – 6:00 pm, ONLY! All posters will be displayed on easels (rather than being hung), so set up will be very simplified. A set‐up schedule (per degree area) will be posted as we get closer to the event. Pizza will be provided to all students during set‐up. Techxpo t‐shirts will also be distributed to students who pre‐order a shirt. No day‐of‐event set‐up will be allowed.
- The event will conclude with the award ceremony. Cash prizes will be given to both the first‐place poster winner and the first‐place exhibit (booth) winner in each degree area. The Best‐in‐Show award will also be a cash prize.
Contact Susie Anderson at 406-496-4311 or SuAnderson@mtech.edu.