Direct PLUS Loan
Dependent StudentsIf your parent is interested in processing a Direct PLUS Loan, the parent applying for the loan must follow the steps below.
- Go to www.studentloans.gov.
- Click on the green Sign In button.
- Use the parent’s social security number, date of birth, and PIN for the parent that will be applying for the Direct PLUS Loan.
- Click on Start PLUS Application Process and select Parent PLUS.
- Enter your personal information.
- Enter your dependent student and loan information.
- Consent to credit check and submit the application.
- If credit is approved, select the option to complete a MPN.
- If credit is denied, you may find an endorser for the loan or the student may contact Enrollment Processing at email@example.com or (406) 496-4223 to discuss additional Direct Unsubsidized Loan options.
Alternative Loan Process
You have been offered all of the Federal and State Financial Aid you are eligible to receive. If you are interested in borrowing alternative loans, please check with your local lending institution as well as the internet. Alternative/Private Loans are lender based and have varying terms and conditions. You must have remaining need according to Federal Regulations in order for us to certify an alternative loan. If you would like to know how much you would be eligible to receive, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (406) 496-4223.