Creating a Lesson Modulehttp://www.mozilla.org
A lesson is made up of a number of pages and optionally content pages. A page contains some content and usually ends with a question. Associated with each answer to the question is a jump. The jump can be relative, such as this page or next page, or absolute, specifying any one of the pages in the lesson. A content page is a page containing a set of links to other pages in the lesson, for example a Table of Contents.
In order to create a Lesson Module, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to the Montana Tech homepage at http://www.mtech.edu
2. In the upper right hand corner, click on the MYMTECH link
3. Click the green button in the upper right hand corner and sign in to your MYMTECH account.
4. Once signed in, select the course you would like to modify under “Courses you are teaching:”
5. In the upper right hand corner, click the “Turn editing on” button.
6. Click the green button labeled “Add an activity or resource” in the center column of the Moodle
7. From the popup, select “Lesson” and click the “Add” button.
8. Input your lesson settings, and then click “Save and display”.
9. From here, there are four options you can click.
1. To import questions, you must have a question file of one of the following types ready to upload:
2. Choose your question file’s format from the pull-down menu, then either drag the file you wish to upload from your desktop to the file picker, or click on “Choose a file…” to bring up the file upload dialog box.
3. Click the “Browse…” button in the dialog and select your file, then input the name of the file and click “upload this file”.
Add a Content Page
A content page is a page on which a teacher can provide information to move the lesson forward without requiring the student to answer specific questions. The student sees the page’s title, information, and then one or more buttons at the bottom to go to different pages without their score being affected.
To add a Content Page, follow these steps:
1. Scroll to where you would like your Content Page to be placed. At that spot, click the pull-down menu that says “Add a new page…” and select “Add a content page”
2. Set your page’s title and contents.
3. Set your page’s button text, and choose where you want that button to lead. The number of available buttons is configurable in the Lesson settings, under “Maximum Number of Answers.”
4. When finished, click the “Save page” button at the bottom of the page.
Add a Cluster
Clusters are special groups of pages in Lesson Modules. A “cluster” is formed by placing a special navigational “cluster” page at the start of the group and an “end cluster” page after the last page in the group. Clusters can be considered an advanced feature of a Lesson.
To add a Cluster to your Lesson, follow these steps:
1. Click on “Add a cluster” either in the list titled “What would you like to do first?” or select “Add a cluster” from the “Add a new page…” pull-down menu if you have already added content.
2. After you have started the cluster, you may add any questions you want contained within the cluster. When a student opens the lesson, they will reach the end of the cluster when they have completed every question within the cluster, or when they have completed a question which points to the end of the cluster, or a question outside of the cluster.
3. When all the questions you would like inside the cluster are added, select “Add an end of cluster” in the “Add a new page…” pull-down menu next to the final question you would like to be inside the cluster.
4. If you would like to have questions appear after the cluster, click the edit button on the “End of Cluster” module.
5. From the “Jump” pull-down menu, select the question you would like to have after the cluster, and then click the “Save page” button.
Add a Question Page
A question page can be added to your Lesson in order to test students on the material covered in the lesson. There are several different type of questions you can ask using Question Pages.
To add a question page, follow these steps:
1. Scroll to where you would like your question to appear and then select “Question” from the “Add a new page…” pull-down menu.
2. Select your question’s type using the pull-down menu, and then click the “Add a question page” button.
3. Enter the page title, point values for correct and incorrect answers, and page jumps, and then click the “Save page” button.
Campus Technology Services:
Need more help? Contact the Campus Technology Services Help Desk at 406.496.4244 or by email at .