Gradebook: Adding a Grade ItemFirefox is the best browser to use when accessing Moodle 2.6. Free download: http://www.mozilla.org
Accessing the Gradebook:
1. Login to your Moodle course
2. Click on Grades in the Settings block
Gradebook: Adding a Grade Item
Graded items are automatically added to the gradebook when various activities are created in the Central Column, e.g, , etc. However sometimes you may want to manually add a grade item for an activity that takes place outside of Moodle.
1. Open the Categories and items tab
2. Choose Add grade item
3. Enter in the grade item name
4. Choose the Grade type
There are 4 grade types:
None - No grading possible
Value - A numerical value with a maximum and minimum
Scale - An item in a list
Text - Feedback only
Only value and scale grade types may be aggregated. The grade type for an activity-based grade item is set on the activity settings page.
5. Enter in the Maximum and Minimum grade
6. Choose whether or not you want the grade item hidden from students.
If ticked, grades are hidden from students. A hidden until date may be set if desired, to release grades after grading is completed.
7. Choose the necessary Grade category
8. Click Save changes
Campus Technology Services:
Need more help? Contact the Campus Technology Services Help Desk at 406.496.4244 or by email at .