Office 365 for Alumni
Montana Tech Alumni, Retirees, and Emeritus are eligible for lifelong Office 365 accounts. You will receive an e-mail with more information. Your mailbox size will be 25GB.
Office 365 is Microsoft’s cloud-based email, which gives you a 25 GB mailbox.
Set up Exchange-based email accounts
TIP-The appearance of your Android may vary so use these steps as a guide or consult the manufacturer's help for your particular device.
Use the Outlook for Android app
NOTE Outlook for Android requires a device running Android 4.0 or later. App availability varies so find out what's available in your country.
1. Download the Outlook for Android appfrom the Google Play store if you haven't installed it yet.
If you already have it installed, open it and then depending on your device, tap the navigation control at the bottom of your Android, or tap More > Settings >Add Account.
2. Tap Exchange if your organization uses an Exchange-based mail account.
3. Enter your full email address, for example email@example.com, type your password, and then tap Sign in. Outlook for Android then starts syncing the account.
4. To view your calendar, files, or contacts from the app, tap More
To learn more about using Outlook for Android, tap the navigation control at the bottom of your device, or tap Menu> Help. Or, see Frequently asked questions about Outlook for iOS and Android.
You can have more than one account in Outlook for Android. Select the type of account you want to add and follow those steps.
Delete an account
1. Depending on your device, tap the navigation control at the bottom of your device, or tap More > Settings.
2. Tap the account you want to delete.
3. Select Remove Account from Device and Remote.
Learn about other Office 365 resources for Android in the See Also section at the bottom of this page.
Use the built-in Android mail app
1. Tap Settings > Accounts > Add account > Email. This application might be named Mail on some versions of Android.
2. Type your full email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org, type your password, and then tap Next.
3. Select Exchange.
4. If prompted, accept the defaults on the Exchange server settings page, and tap Next. If your device can't connect, enter the following account information, and then select Next.
o mtechs\Username Type your full email address in this box, for example, email@example.com If Domain and Username are separate text boxes in your version of Android, leave the Domain box empty, and type your full email address in the Username box.
o Password Use the password that you use to access your account.
o Exchange Server outlook.office365.com
o You might receive a message about additional security features. Select OK to continue.
5. As soon as the device verifies the server settings, the Account Options page opens. Select the options for how you want to receive your mail, and then tap Next. (You may need to scroll down to see Next.)
6. If you see Activate device administrator? page, select Activate.
7. Give the account a name, and then tap Done.
Set up email on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
Set up and access your email, calendar, and contacts on an Apple iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch.
NOTE Outlook for iOS requires iOS 8.0 or higher. App availability also varies by country. Find out what's available in your country. If the app is incompatible with your device, you can add your mail account by using the mail app that comes with your device. See Set up email using the iOS mail app.
1. Do you have Outlook for iOS installed on your device?
o If it's not installed on your device, download Outlook for iOS from the Apple Store, open it, swipe through the introductions, and then tap Get Started.
o If it is install on your device, open the app, tap Settings > Add Account.
2. On the Add Account page, select the type of mail account you want to add:
Office 365 for business work or school accounts
1. Tap Office 365 if you have a work or school account in Office 365 for business.
2. Enter your full email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org, type your password, and then tap Sign in.
NOTE If you previously selected Exchange to set up your account you may receive a message about security upgrades and you need to re-sign in. Follow the prompts and sign in with your full email address and password.
Once the account is added Outlook for iOS will begin syncing.
Set up an Office 365 for business or other Exchange-based email account
1. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Accounts > Add account > Email.
2. In the Add Account page, tap Exchange.
3. Enter your full email address, for example email@example.com, and your password, and then tap Next.
If the device can't find your settings, you need to add them. If you have an Office 365 Exchanged email account in Server, enter outlook.office365.com, and then add your Username and Password. This is the same username and password you use for work or school.
4. By default, Mail, Contacts, and Calendar information are synchronized. Tap Save.
5. If you're prompted to create a passcode, tap Continue and type a numeric passcode. If you're prompted and don't set up a passcode, you can't view this account on your device. You can also set up a passcode later in your settings.
NOTE If you get a time-out message, your password or other information might be incorrect. Retype the information, and then try again.
NOTE You might need to need to wait ten to fifteen minutes after you set up your account before you can send or receive email.
Routine site maintenance occurs every Sunday morning from 7 to 11 a.m.