In addition to working directly with students for career-related assistance, Career Services has other resources available to aid in career development.
Below are links to frequently requested resources.
- Resume - write an effective resume
- Resume Action Words - clearly describe your skills and experience
- Resume FAQs - see the Career Services most common resume recommendation
- Resume Rubric - know what makes a good resume
- Cold Letter - inquiry to an employer regarding possible job opportunities
- Cover Letter - send with your resume to explain additional skills and experiencel
- Making the Most of a Career Fair - prepare to impress recruiters
- Job Search Strategies - tips for finding a job
- Job Search Time Table - organize your job search
- Guide to Third Party Recruiters - be aware of issues that are pertinent to working with these organizations
- Interview Checklist - be prepared for interviews
- Interview Questions - common questions asked by employers
- Telephone Interviews - find out how telephone and face-to-face interviews differ
- Informational Interview Checklist - be prepared for informational interviews
- Informational Interview Questions - find out more about an employer
Please contact Career Services if you need additional assistance or if you would like to set up an appointment for our staff to review your resume, cover letter, or if you have additional questions or concerns about career-related matters. Hard copies of the above handouts are also available in Career Services, University Relations Center 109.