Funding your education is a major financial commitment for you as a student and perhaps for your family as well. We strive to make your education more affordable, through grants, loans, and student employment opportunities. To apply for financial aid at Montana Tech, follow the steps below. If you have any questions, contact the Enrollment Services office at 406-496-4256.
Step 1: Apply for admission to Montana Tech.
Step 2: Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov.
- Montana Tech's school code is 002531.
- The priority deadline for applying for financial aid at Montana Tech is March 1st. We recommend that you complete the FAFSA as soon as you complete your tax return in order to meet this deadline.
Step 3: We will contact you via email or postal mail to ask for additional verification information if necessary.
Step 4: We will notify you via email of your financial aid award. Expect notification toward the end of March or the beginning of April.
Step 5: Follow these steps to accept your financial aid award:
- Review your award
- Login to OrediggerWeb
- Choose Student & Financial
- Choose Financial Aid
- Choose My Award Information
- Choose Award By Aid Year
- Select the Aid Year and click the Submit button
- Review each tab (in order) and follow the directions provided
- Complete on-line loan counseling
- Sign your master promissory note
Keep Your Information Current
If we offer you financial aid, but can't reach you, you may lose your opportunity to accept your award. Be sure to notify Enrollment Services at 406-496-4256 of any changes to your email address, mailing address, or telephone number.
Financial Literacy Education
Visit the Financial Literacy Education Program page for information and assistance with filing the FAFSA, budgeting, credit, savings and student loan counseling.
Student Assistance Foundation
Student Assistance Foundation (SAF) is a Montana based non-profit that provides students with the knowledge and tools to fund and pursue post-secondary education. Contact SAF for help managing your student loans, understanding financial aid, budgeting, debt management, scholarship searches and tips, college planning and much more-- all free and confidential.
Statements of Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct
- Montana Tech Financial Aid Statement of Ethical Principles
- Montana Tech Financial Aid Statement of Code of Conduct
- 90% of Montana Tech students receive some form of financial aid.
- Financial Aid Priority Deadline – March 1st