Apply for Admission
Form I-20 and Visa Procedures
All F-1 international students must obtain a Form I-20 to study in the United States. A Form I-20 will be given to you by Montana Tech once you are admitted and the following items have been submitted:
- Application for Admission
- Color copy of your passport photo page
- Official Transcripts proving that you are academically admissible
- Proof of English proficiency or paperwork filled out to attend the English Language Institute
- Statement of Financial Support form
- Physician or nurse validated immunization records
After you have received your Form I-20 from Montana Tech, you need to:
- Pay your $200 SEVIS fee
Directions will accompany your Form I-20. Visit the Student and Exchange Visitor Program website to begin the process.
- Apply for your student visa (if applicable)
Visit the U.S. Department of State website to find your nearest U.S. embassy or consulate. Carefully read the embassy’s website to make sure you fulfill all obligations unique to your home country. Visa interviews should be scheduled has soon as you obtain your Form I-20 and pay your SEVIS fee.
NOTE: Canadian citizens do not require a visa to study in the United States.
For tips on how to prepare for the visa process, consult the Study in the States section of the Homeland Security website.