The Academic Center for Excellence (ACE)
Schedule an Appointment
Drop-in hours are listed at www.mtech.edu/ace/tutoring. If you would like to make a private appointment come by the ACE office or call our office at (406) 496-4418.
Students can make a maximum of one appointment per day and two per week. There is no charge to see one of our tutors. If you need to cancel an appointment, we ask that you do so as far in advance as you can – at least 2 hours before the appointment if possible – so that your time slot will be made available for other students. Students who miss two appointments or cancel four times will not be able to make any more appointments for the rest of the semester.
Remember, you need to bring a paper copy of any document with which you’d like help, the assignment description, and the grading rubric.
Who We Are
Mission: The Writers’ Studio is committed to helping Montana Tech students meet their academic and professional goals by becoming better writers. We support independent learning and encourage scholarship by providing one-on-one consultations and workshops tailored to specific classes. Undergraduate students at all levels and in every discipline are welcome!
Directed by Dr. Carrie Vath, the Writers’ Studio is staffed by undergraduate and graduate consultants with extensive writing backgrounds. The Writers’ Studio is located within the Academic Center for Excellence in ENG 102 and our phone number is (406) 496-4418.
What We Do
The Writers’ Studio is a free service for current Montana undergraduate students. Students have the opportunity to work one-on-one with a consultant on issues specific to their own particular needs. Because our aim is to help students become more effective writers, we do not simply proofread or edit documents. We can, however, assist students to become better proofreaders and editors of their own work.
- Tutor.com helps you brush up on writing, vocabulary, literature and more with an English tutor. Tutors can help you with brainstorming, outlining, structure, and how to properly cite your sources. Tutors will also help proofread your paper (lab report, essay, term paper, etc.)
- The Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) offers over 200 free resources including:
- Writing & Teaching Writing
- Grammar & Mechanics
- Style Guides
- ESL (English as a Second Language)
- Job Search and Professional Writing.
- Read/Write Gold supports struggling readers and writers, those with literacy difficulties (including dyslexia) and English language learners, through a host of reading, writing, and study/research features. This helpful resource is free to all students. The download and complete installation instruction guide are available on the Montana Tech Campus Technology Services Read/Write Gold page.