The Academic Center for Excellence (ACE)
How to Get Academic Coaching
If you would like to just stop by please check the online schedule for our Drop-In hours. If you would like to schedule a private session, please stop by ACE in person or call our office (406) 496-4418 to make an appointment.
Academic Coaches will challenge and support students in the identification and achievement of their educational goals as well as in their development as independent thinkers and learners. We seek to communicate what it means to be a member of the Montana Tech community consistent with the university’s mission to maintain academic excellence, prepare students to be socially responsible members of diverse societies, and teach students to use their education to make a positive difference in the world. Our focus is on incoming freshman but our doors are open to all students seeking help.
Who We Are
Directed by Dr. Carrie Vath, Academic Coaches are a select group of students who demonstrate outstanding academic success and student leadership at Montana Tech. The Academic Coaching Center is located within the Academic Center for Excellence in ENG 102 and our phone number is (406) 496-4418.
What We Do
Academic coaches are peers who help students navigate and gain awareness of the Montana Tech registration process and policies, general degree requirements, general education requirements and provide the appropriate referrals to departmental advisers and campus offices (such as Financial Aid, the Registrar, Career Resource Center, etc).
Additionally, academic coaches provide one-on-one coaching to students who wish to work on issues affecting their academic success (i.e. time management, test anxiety, study skills, note-taking techniques, and test preparation).
Military Veteran Student Ambassadors
The goals of the Military Veteran Student Ambassadors are to:
- Inform prospective military and veteran students and their families interested in Montana Tech about all facets of campus life, including academic programs, faculty and students, physical facilities, social opportunities, and student services.
- Assist with important public relations programs such as orientations, workshops, center programs, etc.
- Provide academic coaching to students who wish to work on issues affecting their academic success (i.e. time management, test anxiety, study skills, note-taking techniques, and test preparation).
Meeting with a Military Veteran Student Ambassador
- Ambassadors will also provide “drop-in” services by having set hours in the North Campus Veterans Lounge downstairs in Student Union Building Room and in the South Campus Veterans Lounge located in room 115B (available drop-in hours will be posted on the lounge doors).
- Students can schedule a private appointment with ambassadors by visiting the Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) in Engineering Hall Room 102.