Master of Science in Geophysical Engineering
Graduate students pursuing an MS in Geoscience with the Geophysical Engineering option currently have three choices: thesis, publishable paper in lieu of thesis, and non-thesis. All graduate students, regardless of choice, are encouraged to begin participation in a variety of research and field exploration projects early in the program.
Recent research projects in the department include:
- Oil Reservoir Characterization
- Seismic Processing/Interpretation
- Electrical Resistivity/IP Studies
- Remote Sensing Analysis
- Ground Penetrating Radar Studies
- Shallow Seismic Investigations
- Statistical Learning Machine Analysis/Application
- Antarctic History
- Gravity and Magnetic Studies.
- Unexploded Ordnance discrimination and characterization
- Geothermal Characterization
- Finite Element/ Finite Difference Modeling
- Carbon Sequestration
- Groundwater investigations
Engineering geophysical applications are also of interest and a recent project involved the combined use of seismic and electrical techniques in a groundwater development investigation.
All Courses Available for Graduate Work and Preparation
Montana Tech Geophysical Engineering MS Theses