Montana Educator License
Opportunities exist at Montana Tech to prepare for certification and gain Montana Educator Licensure. Programs are in place that allow students to prepare to become either Elementary Educators or Secondary Educators.
- View complete Elementary Education information in the Course Catalog »
- View the Elementary Education Curriculum Worksheet »
You are able to complete your Elementary Education degree while remaining in the Butte area. The program is offered through Montana Western, while all coursework is completed either on the Montana Tech campus or online. This program is designed to benefit the individual in the Butte area who is unable to travel to the Montana Western campus for their classes, due to their employment or family situations. Upon the completion of the program, you will receive a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education from Montana Western.
- View complete Secondary Education information in the Course Catalog »
- View the Secondary Education Curriculum Worksheet »
By completing the education certification program at Montana Tech, you have the opportunity to earn you degree in Biological Sciences, Business and Information Technology, General Science, or Mathematical Science and prepare to teach those subjects to high school students. This program is a unique collaboration between the world-renowned math and science programs at Montana Tech and the award-winning teaching certification programs offered through Montana Western. This collaboration will position you, with these high caliber qualifications, to enter the challenging and rewarding field of secondary education in the 21st Century.
Your Montana Tech degree can lead to licensure as a Montana Educator in these areas:
- The Biological Sciences degree applies to teaching certification in Biology.
- The Business and Information Technology degree leads toward certification in business education.
- The General Science degree leads toward teaching certification in the General Sciences Broadfield.
- The Mathematical Sciences degree leads toward certification to teach Mathematics.
View the Degree Planner
Questions? Contact Kathy Shipman at firstname.lastname@example.org 925-0225 or 496-4852 or 683-7016