Visit Montana Tech
If you would like to visit the Montana Tech campus, please schedule your visit today.
Visiting campus is an important step in deciding where you’d like to spend the next few years. Come see us at Montana Tech. See what we have to offer. Experience our friendly, family atmosphere. And breathe in the clean mountain air. We look forward to meeting you.
What can you expect when you visit?
- Meet with faculty in your area of interest
- Tour our labs, library, and other facilities - see Virtual Tours!
- Visit with an enrollment representative
- Check out our fitness facilities
- Sample the food
- Talk with some current students
- Sit in on one or more classes
- See a residence hall room
- Attend an athletic event (if one is happening when you visit)
- Get a feel for life at Montana Tech
- Enjoy a panoramic view of beautiful Montana
Get to Know Butte
When you choose a college, you also choose a community—and the area that surrounds it. That’s a real advantage at Montana Tech.
Montana Tech is located in historic Butte, with its rich mining legacy. Memories of the 19th and 20th centuries surround you as you walk along the streets of one of the nation’s biggest boomtowns.
But history is only one of our assets. Today, Butte is home to a variety of exciting civic events, an active arts community, popular concerts, and lively festivals. Like the Ice Sculpting Contest. The Montana Irish Festival. The Montana Folk Festival. Evel Knievel Days. The Chinese New Year Parade.…
There’s something for just about everyone’s taste in Butte!
We're in the Mountains!
Southwest Montana serves as the panoramic backdrop to Butte and Montana Tech. We’re high in the Rocky Mountains, with abundant recreational activities in all directions, including state and national parks.
So Much to Do Outdoors
What outdoor sports do you like? We’ve got a wide variety to choose from:
- Boating and camping
- Hiking and biking
- Skiing and snowboarding
- Ice climbing and rock climbing
- Hunting and world-class fishing
A Short Drive to Scenic Beauty
Three national parks are just a few hours away:
- West Yellowstone: 2.5 hours
- Glacier National Park: 5.0 hours
- Grand Tetons National Park: 5.0 hours
And it’s not far at all to state parks like Granite Ghost Town, Lewis and Clark Caverns, Tower Rock, and the Missouri Headwaters.
There’s a lot to love about Southwest Montana. So pack your gear and plan an adventure when you visit us at Montana Tech.